iPad iPad Air Retina display seems slightly out of focus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kathyricks, Dec 7, 2013.

1. kathyricks macrumors 6502

I havn't bought one yet. In fact I've never owned an iPad, but I did play with the full sized and mini versions of the iPad Air at Best Buy today and was surprized at how softly focused still images and videos look. The screen just doesn't resolve fine detail as well as my 4 year old iMac desktop. Example: When viewing an image of a lawn I cannot see the individual blades of grass very well as they all appear slightly blurred and out of focus.

Anyway, my question is: Is his lack of crispness a characteristic of all Retina displays or just the retina iPads? Would a non-retina iPad be better suited for me or should I forget about iPads and look at a Macbook if I want a display that resolves fine detail crisply like the iMac desktop do? Thanks.

2. xNYMetsx macrumors 6502

xNYMetsx

I've never experienced this but I'll take a look at mine. The screen is great :D

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Sorry but an air retina screen blows an iMac screen away. Maybe it was the picture?

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I think you need your eyes checked, every time I look at photos on my ipad air I am blow away by the image quality and crispness of the retina display