Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Anyone else see this? Brand new Smart cover and NEW ipad air .. Tried 3 covers all the same, took the cover to Apple Store and tried it on all their Ipad Airs with the same result! Anyone else?

2YeLE.jpg

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Call me anal, but I hate that too.

I am anal as well. but this is beyond anal! You spend almost a 1000.00 on an Ipad Air and 40 for a cover and it fits like this! NOT! Ill box them both up in the AM and APPLE can have both of them back ! Boy apple quality is NO WHERE near where it used to be! WOW ! I just saw a few other threads like this one! So I guess im NOT alone!

----------

first world problems *lol* give it time and let it break in.

I ddint buy a baseball glove to have it break in! LOL ,,, Maybe a little GLOVE OIL on would do the trick! LOL .. I think the best way to deal with it is RETURN both of the over rated items!

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Firstly to the OP. You need to get a grip. Return the cover, keep the ipad and find another solution. There are some great options out there.

...let it break in.
I don't see how it can break in and settle to be flat. It's bound on both ends by magnets, which are what regulate the distance between the two sides. Settling in isn't going to move those magnets farther apart, which is what you need to have it lay flat.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Firstly to the OP. You need to get a grip. Return the cover, keep the ipad and find another solution. There are some great options out there.

I don't see how it can break in and settle to be flat. It's bound on both ends by magnets, which are what regulate the distance between the two sides. Settling in isn't going to move those magnets farther apart, which is what you need to have it lay flat.

So is EVERY Ipad and and SMART cover like this?

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Op you should just exchange the cover. Mines is not like that. Also take a chill pill while your at it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 319

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I know! I just bought a dash mat for my Lexus and it won't stay straight.

I'm returning BOTH in the morning because... because... because I'm so mad an ACCESSORY isn't perfect on my perfect car.

The dealership is going to learn one heck of a lesson I tells ya!

ARRRGHHHH!!!

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Yeah, but yours is upside down.

he is upside down

----------

I know! I just bought a dash mat for my Lexus and it won't stay straight.

I'm returning BOTH in the morning because... because... because I'm so mad an ACCESSORY isn't perfect on my perfect car.

The dealership is going to learn one heck of a lesson I tells ya!

ARRRGHHHH!!!

MAYBE iys NOT the perfect "car" maybe its the Ipad thats causing the issue where the magnets are in place! And really, you are using a car as an inalogy for this 899.00 purchase? WOW !

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
he is upside down

----------

MAYBE iys NOT the perfect "car" maybe its the Ipad thats causing the issue where the magnets are in place! And really, you are using a car as an inalogy for this 899.00 purchase? WOW !

Indeed I am. My "inalogy" is fair because it is proportionately ridiculous to you level of anger.

You don't want to let a cover that BENDS break in, and you want to return BOTH over the "issue". Every smart cover has had this "problem" to some extent if you fold it right after buying it. The material has to flex a bit. When brand new it hasn't.

If you can't get over it, fine, but it's silly to return the Air over your impatience regarding an accessory.

And just because my Lexus cost 50 times more, doesn't mean my dash mat is any less important:p

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Indeed I am. My "inalogy" is fair because it is proportionately ridiculous to you level of anger.

You don't want to let a cover that BENDS break in, and you want to return BOTH over the "issue". Every smart cover has had this "problem" to some extent if you fold it right after buying it. The material has to flex a bit. When brand new it hasn't.

If you can't get over it, fine, but it's silly to return the Air over your impatience regarding an accessory.

And just because my Lexus cost 50 times more, doesn't mean my dash mat is any less important:p

My Porsche has NO issues funny but that set me back 87,000. Right NOW I have it in the OVEN on 450 degrees maybe Ill put the ipad in there too to make that work better too and FIX all the screen issues they have!

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
OP drives a Porsche....nuff said.

Why complain when you could just buy a few more iPads, or better yet exhange it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.