iPad AND iPhone next week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saud0488, Sep 7, 2012.

1. saud0488 macrumors 6502

this probably belongs in the iPad thread but whatever, I was already here.

Oh and the fanboys....grab a roll of paper towel before reading.

So I'm an Amazon marketplace seller and I got this email today.

Greetings from Amazon,

We anticipate the release of the following new products in the next week:

Apple iPhone5
    Apple iPad Mini

Amazon will be creating ASINs for all versions of these new items ahead of time. Please refrain from creating new ones as they will be consolidated. Expect a follow up message with the ASINs for these products after the launch.

Thank you,

The Amazon Consumer Electronics Team

Possible Amazon knows something? I'd venture to say yes since they probably have sources for reasons other than to report it on a blog.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Hah. Sure man. Apple's gonna release early info. to one of their biggest competitors. Whatever you say. If Pogue, Gruber, and Dalrymple say 2 events and iPad is later, then it's gospel.

3. saud0488 thread starter macrumors 6502

What reason do I have for making it up? I don't think you read my post. I'm sure Amazon has people in Apple as I'm sure Apple has people in Amazon, Google, MS etc.

I'm sure other Marketplace sellers will chime in.

This is awesome though. Typical fanboyism. Doubt something for no reason at all if you don't like how it sounds.

4. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

LOL ... this thread is destine for the graveyard! :rolleyes:

time to move on to more important and "Real" threads (though lately that seems harder and harder to find)

Trust me if it was actually true and the iPad mini was gonna be announced next week everyone would "love how that sounds" ... but its simply BS ... no doubt needed.

5. willmtaylor, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I don't think you made it up at all; I just think your overreaching conspiracy theory is unfounded and sensationalist.

It's not that I doubt something for no reason at all; it's that I don't believe things for no reason at all.

BTW, declaring "Fanboyism!" as your go-to first line rebuttal won't get far. :cool:

Have a fantastic weekend,
    Will

P.S. Look at all of those other Marketplace sellers chiming in!

6. tiiim macrumors regular

Two flagship product launches in one keynote? Doubt it.

An iPhone or a iPad warrants its own keynote, Apple will get plenty of traffic. Secondly, Apple wouldn't want either product distracting each other, they will focus the attention on the one blockbuster product.

Sure they might throw in iPod's and new iMac's for good measure but these are secondary compare to the iPhone and iPad.

7. saud0488 thread starter macrumors 6502

They are chiming in....on the Amazon seller forums.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Touché?

(I guess?)

9. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Hmmm, like CIA and KGB have/had agents in each other? Sounds like a spy operation....

Nah, too silly.

10. 3rd Rock, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

3rd Rock macrumors 6502

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Jason Bourne and Ethan Hawke actually work for both Apple & Amazon. :eek:

12. dotme macrumors 6502a

The general public isn't aware of the possible iPad mini. They ARE aware of the new Kindle. It was on all the major newscasts. Apple may plan to announce an iPad mini in October but if they really intend to bring one to market this year, they should blunt the Kindle announcement soon. The thing hits store shelves next weekend doesn't it?

You can bet you'll see TV commercials for it. Apple always has the freedom to revise their plans based on market forces. Maybe they will advance their announcement, even if they don't advance availability.

13. Cougarcat macrumors 604

If the device isn't ready to ship in a few weeks, they won't announce it.

That is one thing Microsoft and Nokia need to learn from Apple.

14. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

no

15. saud0488 thread starter macrumors 6502

You really don't know how the tech industry works then, do you?

----------

Yeaaah cause those reports are always correct. Like the teardrop design last year.

16. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The difference is Jim Dalrymple never confirmed the teardrop design.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah, the more you write the more it's appearant that you're the one with no idea how the Apple tech industry works. :cool:

Those particular reports may not be correct, but the guys I already alluded to (see quote below) always are. Again, if you don't know that, you don't know jack. Sorry. :p

And "yes," I jus quoted myself. :D

:apple::apple::apple:

18. AT101ET macrumors 6502

I think they know just as much as the rest of us. Its big news and talk of the town so they are just doing all they can now to take control of the situation when Apple do confirm and expose the highly anticipated ipad and new iphone.

19. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

So far, you seem to be equally clueless.

20. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

As others have said already, you believe what you want, but sometimes, the desire to want something to happen so badly just trumps logic and common sense which really seem lacking on this forum right before a major apple announcement. And calling fanboyism whenever someone doesn't agree with you is really getting old around here. Almost everyone who browse this forum is a fanboy in one way or another, including someone that came to this beyond far fetch conclusion such as yourself.