iPad and iPod Touch owners…

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adibobea9, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Adibobea9 macrumors member

I plan on getting an iPod Touch soon, but for some reason I can't submit my order. I also plan on getting an iPad at a later date. So my question is for those that have both. Do you find yourself neglecting your iPod Touch for your iPad or do you still use both products equally?

I currently have an iPod nano which I use for music and the iPod Touch was going to be used mainly for apps and games. Is it worth it to get both?

2. Mmarzex macrumors member

For me they both serve different purposes. My ipod touch is for listening to music nothing else while my iPad is basically my main thing for writing papers, the casual game of shining force, web browsing, and then of course movies.

3. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

It's hard to go on a jog and listen to music with an iPad compared to an iPhone/iPod touch. ;) Although, I have an iPhone, not a touch, and have a nano (new ones) for running, so bad example. But I find both devices serve completely different purposes, the touch can always be in your pocket, while the iPad is one of those things you go to get.

4. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Similar to Mmarzex, they both serve different purposes.

My iPod touch is for listening to music and for trips out when I don't need or want to take the iPad with me.

iPad is my email and web browsing device most of the time.

5. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

while i don't have an ipad, my ipod touch is strictly for music and lives in my glovebox. if i were to have an ipad it would obviously serve a very different purpose.

6. Adibobea9 thread starter macrumors member

I don't plan on using the iPod Touch for much music, as I have my nano for that. Thanks for the input though

Anyway I found out today I am going to start developing apps with my friend, so I should get the iPod Touch now…

7. Robster606 macrumors newbie

Robster606

Well, for entertainment, writing documents etc. My iPad has taken the cake. My iPod touch just serves as music and playing games on the go now. thought I would end up selling my iPod once my iPad arrived but when I need an iPad that fits my pocket, my iPod is always the solution. :cool:

8. bwrairen macrumors 6502

I have the new 4th generation 32gb ipod touch and a 32gb wifi only ipad. I find myself using them for both different and similar tasks. I was just about to ditch the ipod when facetime for mac came along. I will now be keeping it. I use the ipod for in the car music, quick browsing, AIM chats, facebook, online auction site monitoring etc etc. I use the ipad for the same things when I am parked and at work. The ipad has become the exclusive game player. It is no contest in that area. But the ipod wins a few as well. Music, Pandora, facebook, ebay apps, contacts and calendar all seem easier on the ipod to me.

@ Amanda: If you have the NEW ipod touch, I think it is a shame to leave it in the car. Get that thing out and use it! It is an awesome little device!

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've found myself carrying around both my iPad and 4th gen touch almost all the time, and using them both, sometimes at the same time. I have some games and apps that work better on the touch, some stuff that work only on the iPad, and a lot of things that can be done on both, and which size device is better at any given moment is very fluid. I could start reading an article I saved on Instapaper on the touch while standing in a train, then continue reading it on the iPad once a seat opens up. I open a website on the iPad, then play a round of dice poker on my touch while I wait for the site to load fully. I do often feel decadent having two devices that overlap so much in function, but I do love having them both, and the flexibility they give me.

10. WolfKeeper macrumors newbie

My Touch is collecting dust since I bought my iPad. Getting ready to sell it and get an iPod Nano to replace it.

11. amazonpam macrumors member

Lonely Touch

Haven't used my touch since I got the ipad. I do use my nano for music when exercising or in the car and my android for other stuff when I need a portable device.

12. BigCatz macrumors member

For many months the Touch was my music player, portable web broswer, email processor, and gaming platform. Then i bought the iPad and, just recently, the new Nano. The Touch has sat around unused all that time. just the other day I picked it up and thought "how tiny this is, it feels like a toy" compared to the iPad. Oh, and the battery had died after all the neglect. So, my experience has been that the iPad is THE GOTO device for eveything except listening to music on the go. My advice would be to skip the Touch and buy a Nano (5th gen if you want the wheel) or newest if you don't.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I felt exactly that way about my 3rd gen touch. However, when I got the 4th gen, I started using it more, and like I said in my previous post, I now carry both the iPad and the touch with me all the time. I guess the retina display does make a significant difference in how I use the touch, especially the reading apps like Instapapaer and iBooks/Kindle.

I also considered getting a Nano for music, but the touch lets me carry my entire music library with me, and I enjoy not having to pick and choose.