All iPads iPad glass repair - did they swap my battery too?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FooTing, Oct 8, 2014.

1. FooTing macrumors newbie

After taking my 8 month old iPad Air to a local repair guy to get the cracked screen replaced it now seems like the battery doesn't last as long as it used to.

Is it possible and/or likely repair guy swapped my good battery for an older one? Would there be any benefit to him to do so? Would I be able to tell if he did?

2. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

If you got it repaired by anyone but the apple store then you are SoL and not to be rude but if this is the case I have very little pitty for you.

3. FooTing thread starter macrumors newbie

Not looking for pity, since its already done. Just trying to find out if it was possible and/or plausible someone would do it.

4. GoingDark macrumors 6502

It's possible but not likely. First he would have to know that your battery is in better condition than some old one he had lying around. Second, a brand new new iPad Air battery from China is $20, I doubt it's worth the risk or the hassle for $20.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

Sure it's possible but unlikely if it's a reputable repair shop. Have you gone back and talked to them about the battery problem? Did you by chance check your charge cycles before and after the repair? Have you tried doing a hardware reset (power+home buttons)?

Has anything changed in the way you are using your iPad after the repair?

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Yes it is possible. Anything is possible.