iPad ibooks disappearing... any word from apple on a fix?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChocoMan, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ChocoMan macrumors newbie

ChocoMan

iPad 2 64GB wifi+3g (don't use the 3G yet) - iOS 4.3

Unpredictably the books downloaded into iBooks disappear... I open the app and watch it remove them one at a time in split second intervals in front of my eyes! While admittedly it's a cool effect to watch, it offers little utility since I'd like to keep them to read.

I have had to re-sync through iTunes or to re-download them from the purchased books section in iBooks app in order to get them back.

ANYONE know if Apple is working on a fix for this? I see that many iPad owners that are complaining about this problem on the web but no word from Apple on it.

If anyone knows something other than just reloading the books or where the conflict exists that leads to such a "feature" please let me know.

Thanks a million!

2. jb747 macrumors newbie

I've had my ipad for the better part of a year now, and this 'disappearing act' has been an undocumented feature ever since I loaded my first book. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to it, although it only happens shortly after the ipad has been connect to the Macbook/itunes. But, sometimes I can load extra books without any issue....

When books are reloaded, they always go to the shelf they were on previously, and bookmarks are kept. I've not found any cure....