iPad Mini 4 iOS 11 Update?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by nviz22, Jun 6, 2017.

1. nviz22 macrumors 603

nviz22

Does anyone have a link to iOS 11 I can use on my iPad Mini? Thanks.

2. TwitchyPuppy macrumors member

TwitchyPuppy

It will be available from Apple on September 19th OTA (Over The Air) and via iTunes.

3. missbing macrumors 6502

missbing

4. royinla14 macrumors 6502

5. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Been running iOS 11 on my iPad Mini 4 since public beta 5... no issues to report.

6. missbing macrumors 6502

missbing

Thanks

7. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

8. newellj macrumors 604

I installed it last night and it seems to run fine/not slower, but some of the animation effects are distinctly jerky on both my Air 2 and Mini 4.

9. newellj macrumors 604

Minor update on my prior post. I do have both animations and transparency turned off. What I find very jerky, and annoyingly so, is stuttering when I minimize apps. I don't think I'd go back to iOS 10 because of this, but there's clearly room for Apple to improve this (I hope - I hope that the Mini 4 is not stuck with this performance flaw).

10. bensisko macrumors 65816

It’s this way on my 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9” as well. Hoping they fix it soon.

11. Fuzzball84 macrumors 6502

Ive seen battery life take a significant hit so far, it will take a few days to know for sure but on a few hours standby with airplane mode on, i lost 3 percent. Not dropped like this on any previous update before. During usage in safari it looks like its going down slighty faster.

12. PBMB macrumors regular

I installed it on mine also (iPad mini 4). Initially some animations got jerky, as you say, but today is more fluid. In fact, I am surprised by how well it runs on the mini 4. This is the fourth iOS I am running on it (it is one of the very first mini 4 coming with iOS 8). In my case it runs at least as well as iOS 10, regarding the overall feeling with the UI interaction. Personally I find iOS 11 more refined and pleasant to use.

As a bonus, it now reports that 14.5 GB out of 16 GB are in use (even without offloading unused applications). Under iOS 10 there were only a few hundreds of MB free, often going down to under 20 MB! I suppose that was caches, flushed out automatically by the system. But I never had more than 300 MB free this year. I am curious to see how iOS 11 handles this.

13. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I found some of the UI animations to be less than fluid when I first installed it on my Mini 4, but in my experience, sometimes a device takes a little while to "get used to" a new OS, so to speak. Sure enough, within a few hours everything was MUCH smoother. Battery life seemed to have taken a hit for the first day but that's also because a lot of things like app updates are happening under the hood when you first update. By the second day it seemed to be holding up more like normal.

In my experience there's no reason to fear updating a Mini 4.

14. AndrewForeva macrumors member

Even the newest iPad mini 4 does not support AR kit