Ipad mini and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grolubao, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I found it very amusing yesterday when Schiller said that one of the nicest things in the iPad mini is the possibility of holding with one hand. The same hand that cannot write on a wider iPhone...

Please...

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Yeah, it is interesting to hear Apple defend its design choices and then go do a 180 and preach why they finally did the very thing they argued against doing in the first place.

I think all companies are guilty of this. They have to talk about their current products as if that is as good as it is going to get and that they exhausted all other design options. It's good for the comfort of the shareholders and customers.

3. AJAAY macrumors regular

You can hold and use an iPhone in one hand.

You can only hold an iPad Mini in one hand.

4. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

You mean a narrower iPhone..?

5. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

He said Holding it with one hand, not typing on it with one hand. There is a difference. On the full size iPad, it gets tiring holding it one handed for an extended period of time (such as when reading a book). The mini would not be as tiring when holding it with one hand while reading. Neither has anything to do with typing on 4" iphone screen. His statement is still valid.

6. Elevon macrumors regular

Lol I can hold my Mbp with one hand

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yes it is currently narrow..

his point was.. if you can hold the wider ipad mini.. why cant apple make the iphone 5 wider..

8. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Ah I see what he means now.

It sounded like he was saying you couldn't hold an iPhone in one hand. I was tres confused.

9. berniemakaveli macrumors regular

+1

10. Boilermaker_coday macrumors member

What is good for one year is not always ideal down the road. Granted it was only a few years ago that Steve was claiming we didn't need a smaller tablet, time has changed people's tastes and the way they use their devices.