Ipad mini and iPhone

Grolubao

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I found it very amusing yesterday when Schiller said that one of the nicest things in the iPad mini is the possibility of holding with one hand. The same hand that cannot write on a wider iPhone...

Please...

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah, it is interesting to hear Apple defend its design choices and then go do a 180 and preach why they finally did the very thing they argued against doing in the first place.

I think all companies are guilty of this. They have to talk about their current products as if that is as good as it is going to get and that they exhausted all other design options. It's good for the comfort of the shareholders and customers.

Comment

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
You can hold and use an iPhone in one hand.

You can only hold an iPad Mini in one hand.

Comment

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
I found it very amusing yesterday when Schiller said that one of the nicest things in the iPad mini is the possibility of holding with one hand. The same hand that cannot write on a wider iPhone...

Please...
He said Holding it with one hand, not typing on it with one hand. There is a difference. On the full size iPad, it gets tiring holding it one handed for an extended period of time (such as when reading a book). The mini would not be as tiring when holding it with one hand while reading. Neither has anything to do with typing on 4" iphone screen. His statement is still valid.

Comment

berniemakaveli

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
he said holding it with one hand, not typing on it with one hand. There is a difference. On the full size ipad, it gets tiring holding it one handed for an extended period of time (such as when reading a book). The mini would not be as tiring when holding it with one hand while reading. Neither has anything to do with typing on 4" iphone screen. His statement is still valid.
+1

Comment

Boilermaker_coday

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, it is interesting to hear Apple defend its design choices and then go do a 180 and preach why they finally did the very thing they argued against doing in the first place.

I think all companies are guilty of this. They have to talk about their current products as if that is as good as it is going to get and that they exhausted all other design options. It's good for the comfort of the shareholders and customers.
What is good for one year is not always ideal down the road. Granted it was only a few years ago that Steve was claiming we didn't need a smaller tablet, time has changed people's tastes and the way they use their devices.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.