iPad music app in iOS 5 (group by album artist)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple pies, Jul 24, 2011.

1. apple pies macrumors newbie

hi.

I have album artists in iTunes but there is no option on my iPad running iOS 4.3.3, and my library on my iPad looks messy because you can only sort songs by artist that makes a long list when there is a contributing artist (eg. T-Pain feat. Akon) and the also the song doesnt end up in the list of songs by the artist (T-Pain) and there isnt a way to sort songs by album artist.
    I have recently started going through all my songs and changing the ID3 tag so the the*contributing artist is in the song title (eg. Love the way you lie (feat. Rihanna))
    But then I saw that iOS 5 will have the abilitty to sort by album artist. I wasnt able to find any videos / screenshots to have a detailed look and see exactly*how the music app looks like when sorted by album artist.
    I've been searching the web to find more information and images on sorting songs by album artist in the iPad music app, but i havent been able to find any.
    So I was wondering if anyone here with the iOS 5 beta 2 or above could show me a few screenshots (iPad music app sorted by album artist)?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jasell macrumors newbie

The iPod app (to be named Music app) have been lacking support for compilations since the begining. I guess this is a first attempt to fix this. There are 3rd party app that adress this, like My Artist.
    The mentioned app will support correct listing of compilation artists, multiple artists may be separated with a '&', this will however have no effect in the iPod app.