Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mambwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I bought an iPad Pro 11 WiFi + LTE with Verizon service from a Verizon store four days ago. Suddenly, it won’t connect to cellular data. It is asking me to select a data plan even though one is already set up. I reset network settings and it works again. I stopped using my iPad for a few hours and it’s having issues connecting again. It has no problem connecting to WiFi.

Is this a faulty SIM card? Anything else I should try? This is frustrating.

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
Go to Settings > Cellular Data and under Cellular Plans, make sure your physical SIM is selected and not an eSIM.

mambwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Go to Settings > Cellular Data and under Cellular Plans, make sure your physical SIM is selected and not an eSIM.

Right now when I go under Cellular Data it’s asking me to scan a QR code, which I assume is for a SIM card. It’s not recognizing a SIM card.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
I bought an iPad Pro 11 WiFi + LTE with Verizon service from a Verizon store four days ago. Suddenly, it won’t connect to cellular data. It is asking me to select a data plan even though one is already set up. I reset network settings and it works again. I stopped using my iPad for a few hours and it’s having issues connecting again. It has no problem connecting to WiFi.

Is this a faulty SIM card? Anything else I should try? This is frustrating.
Need to get with Verizon. Probably on their end if was working fine before.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Right now when I go under Cellular Data it’s asking me to scan a QR code, which I assume is for a SIM card. It’s not recognizing a SIM card.
Try waiting a bit, same happened with my AT&T LTE. Only showed option to scan QR code. After a bit it showed the transfer options and listed the carriers.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Have you tried ejecting the SIM card tray and reinserting? You should have an ejection tool with the iPad documentation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.