Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
so, iPad Pro has eSIM and lately my iPad gets an error saying NO SIM. I have to eject the SIM card tray, which is empty, so that the cellular connection can work again. Does anybody else have this issue?

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
If you are using the eSim then why do you have to eject the sim tray?

I have a sim card but have not used it yet but will do so. I have 10 GB free for 180 days so I will use it a bit later since I am still to take my iPad Pro out of my home. Waiting for the Smart Folio Keyboard case. Once I get it will then take it out.

Now with the eSim I can get another number like the dual sim iPhone Xs?

eimeria

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
Seems to be a software issue. I was getting this error too after activating my eSim on T-Mobile. After updating to the latest public beta, I haven't had this error at all. I haven't had any other issues with the current beta, just thankful that it addressed this issue.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Seems to be a software issue. I was getting this error too after activating my eSim on T-Mobile. After updating to the latest public beta, I haven't had this error at all. I haven't had any other issues with the current beta, just thankful that it addressed this issue.

I am also on latest update public beta hoping it gets fixed with next update
[doublepost=1542689795][/doublepost]
If you are using the eSim then why do you have to eject the sim tray?

I have a sim card but have not used it yet but will do so. I have 10 GB free for 180 days so I will use it a bit later since I am still to take my iPad Pro out of my home. Waiting for the Smart Folio Keyboard case. Once I get it will then take it out.

Now with the eSim I can get another number like the dual sim iPhone Xs?

Only way I get signal is when I remove tray

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
My issue was that I couldn't transfer my AT&T account to the new iPad even after an extensive phone call with AT&T. I took it to the AT&T store the following day and the agent put a SIM card in the empty tray and everything works fine now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.