Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will iPad Pro have USB Port/keyboard standard?

• Yes - These will be standard equiptment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - There will not be a USB Port or keyboard

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • There will only be a USB port.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will have keyboard only.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

KdParker

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I am interested in the concept of an iPad Pro comming out, but am curious to what hard ware attachments will be available.

I would expect to see USB support and HDMI at the very least and I am hoping that a keyboard that doubles as a cover will be standard.

What do you think the standard configuration for the iPad Pro should be in order to be viable and successful?

Last edited:

miketheappleguy

macrumors regular
May 18, 2014
I am interested in the concept of an iPad Pro comming out, but am curious to what hard ware attachments will be available.

I would expect to see USB support and HDMI at the very least and I am hoping that a keyboard that doubles as a cover will be standard.

What do you think the standard configuration for the iPad Pro should be in order to be viable and successful?

It needs to come with apples software written and implemented digitizer.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
It will definitely not have USB support. I suspect if Apple wasn't 100% sure they'd lose most mac customers they'd remove the USB port from macbooks. They hate standard ports that improve expandability. (Not a judgement statement, just an observation)

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
USB ports?
How dare you insult us like that. Apple will never make it easy to connect to anything via USB!

Without official adapters, that is.

Think different.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I'm pretty sure a usb port is thicker than the iPad so no chance will it be included. an adapter might be made though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.