iPad thinks it’s charging when it’s not

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Cayden, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I’ve been having this issue since around DB 3. While my iPad Pro isn’t plugged into anything, the status bar for the battery will randomly flicker back and forth from the charging icon (battery icon changes to green) and the normal display. The iPad also makes the “I’m charging” sound repeatedly albeit at a low volume. Anybody else experienced this?

2. Raz0rEdge macrumors member

Raz0rEdge

Any physical or water damage to the connector? A bad cable presents itself this way, a bad connector (that's potentially shorting out) could likely do the same..

Regards

3. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

No nothing. I only really use it as a media device so it just stays in the bedroom on most occasions. It’s been happening only since going to iOS 11 however. It stops doing the strange activity if I plug it in though.

4. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I've had this happen once on the earlier betas. I thought I was crazy. No issues with Lightning itself.

Hasn't happened sense, though

5. Raz0rEdge macrumors member

Raz0rEdge

You should try holding down the Power and Home buttons until the iPad restarts and see if the problem persists or goes away..

Regards

6. xWhiplash macrumors 65816

I do not think it is strictly related to beta software. I had this happen when I had my keyboard connected to my first iPad Pro 12.9". I no longer use that keyboard and I have the new iPad Pro 12.9".