iPad World International Warranty Confirmed (iPhone also International Warranty)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LEOMODE, May 30, 2010.

1. LEOMODE macrumors regular

I called AppleCare Support in both the U.S. and Japan and they both confirmed that it is international warranty.

also the guy in Japan even told me (he was British) that iPhone started its international warranty about 2 weeks ago.

So I've got my own reference # + case # so I can go back to the Ginza Store in Japan and say this to the fake American name using Japanese guy named 'Matt" (please be aware, this guy doesnt know anything)

I hope this is a good information to all of us here :)

2. ukyo229 Guest

3. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

the guy was wrong because he said it's not international warranty, therefore u r wrong too. and if they refuse the service I can very well claim it to a higher position and slap that on his face for not educating the employer properly. also I can go to a different shop in all around japan and the world.

what r u, an employer in ginza? (not to be offensive or anything but your nickname is very asian) the person from there already called me and confirmed that they were wrong and give me the replacement. so much for not knowing the warranty policy

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Theguy may indeed be wrong / mistaken. That is not what has riled ukyo229, I think it's the rather patronizing way you refered to the gentleman in the Apple store that he finds offensive. In retrospect whilst your post was interesting and helpful up to that point, you really didn't need to supplement the last part with that jibe, and ukyo229 would not have replied in the manner he did.

5. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

indeed to macrumoruser. well it sure is offensive and you just shouldve been in my shoes. I wasted my own time to go there and guess what he said and did to me. "no international warranty and if we accept this ipad then we would have to accept more ipad from a foreigner"

what would anyone do if u hear that (I'm a foreigner in japan by the way). now that's very offensive from a employer in genius bar, not acceptable at all as a professional.

after he said he didn't even look at me and just tried to go all mad at me when i wanted a proof or a document stating that. (because he couldn't prove it)

maybe I shouldve provided the whole conversation but I thought everybody wouldve guessed. he does deserve this from me though.

I don't have anything against you people in the forum so if u found it offensive I apologize.

but u also need to understand that I was turned down with no respect and I'm sure that you wouldve done the same. not to mention Asian culture in the society is more about respecting the customers. especially in japan. therefore I wanted to share my information and awareness with another customers who would go into that specific store and meet that person, he might do the same to you (especially if you're foreigner and do not speak japanese well)

6. ukyo229 Guest

I question your "truth" on that, given the time of the post, and that of Japans business hours, and the matter they handle phone calls.

But OK! :rolleyes:

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Leo I confirmed this in your previous thread for you. So why start a new thread?

8. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

I posted my thread at 5:13PM in Japan Time. So there is your truth. you're wrong again I think ;) It'll be better to double-check always before you write something. and handling phone calls huh? the person in charge in ginza called me bcuz she said she was gonna check and call :) they keep the promise and that's how they handle the phone calls. hope you got the correct answer :)

9. ukyo229 Guest

haha, it seems like you always call other people wrong when you feel threatened. It doesn't change the fact that I think you're a liar :p
    In any case, I would of rejected you too, since you already have the warranty documentation when you purchased the iPad, but you behaved like a child.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Soooo, decisions on warranty work is up to the person at the genius bar? Regardless of policy?

This echos my current customer service rant with apple..... More related to the lack of it in the stores. I experienced this last week in a repair, and I'm not happy with the solution my customer relations person worked out. I never got the feeling anyone CARED during the ordeal hat has been a MBP repair ongoing since last September.

NO ONE had been able to get an answer on international warranty before last friday. And, the warranty documentation is not clear.

I'm happy the OP will be able to get their iPad taken care of, and remind me to not deal with you in a store....

11. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

threatened? LOL this is so funny dealing with some low level loser on the internet. just shut up and wake up fool. the reality is everything you've said so far ended up with nothing but a false statement. what you're doing is just ruining the forum with no help, no answer. just stop writing in the post, you're meaningless. wasting time on this one ignorant user was a joke, at first i thought this fool would provide some information. what a waste of time

this ukyo joke doesn't even work at apple. don't even worry about him

12. ukyo229 Guest

Oh really? Apple seems to make it pretty damn clear :rolleyes:
    www.apple.com/support/ipad/service/faq/#warranty6
    Answer to question 3,
    Apple may restrict service to the original country of purchase.

Now the Japanese policy of the warranty is...
    www.apple.com/jp/support/ipad/service/faq/#repair3

Answer to question 3
    修理サービスは製品をお買い上げいただいた国でしか受けられません。

The repair service may only be received in the country where the product was purchased.

So, the guy "who was wrong" was actually correct, and knowing Japanese business practice, is the way it likely stayed :p