iPhone 11 Lineup Tipped to Have Familiar Rollout: September 13 Pre-Orders, September 20 Launch

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple yesterday invited the media to a special event on Tuesday, September 10 at the Steve Jobs Theater, where it is widely expected to unveil three new iPhones alongside an Apple Watch refresh and other announcements.

A tipster who claims to work at a major carrier has since provided MacRumors with internal communication that suggests the rumored iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models will be available to pre-order Friday, September 13 ahead of deliveries to customers and in-store availability starting Friday, September 20.

MacRumors has received similar tips echoing these dates in recent weeks, so there is a good chance they are accurate.

iPhone pre-orders have begun two to three days after Apple's event for years now, followed by availability a week later, so these dates are hardly a surprise but good to know nevertheless. Unlike the iPhone X in November 2017 and the iPhone XR in October 2018, however, all three 2019 iPhones are expected to launch simultaneously.

The tipster requested anonymity and asked us not to share the screenshots of the internal communication.

Article Link: iPhone 11 Lineup Tipped to Have Familiar Rollout: September 13 Pre-Orders, September 20 Launch

Reactions: Ravi_MR

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
If the ‘triple lens camera’ proves worthy, I may consider upgrading. Especially in the low light area, I think that’s something worth noting the iPhone could improve upon. But as always, it’s an expensive month with the Series 5 Apple Watch likely coming and the iPhone 11. Looking forward to it.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I’m still using a perfectly good launch day iPhone X. It will take a lot to get me to upgrade.
See I’m the opposite, it doesn’t take me much at all lol. (I think) I’ve had every model since the 3GS. But this is getting increasingly difficult to justify. The 11 is looking to be entirely too close to not only the XS but also the X for me to consider upgrading this year, and the one “major” rumoured feature is the biggest eye sore in iPhone history.

Almost feel as though it may be worth scrapping the S models for the sake of a yearly release, and just put everything into a new model every two years. These incremental updates are getting smaller and smaller.

jonen

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2019
I wonder how many comments will talk about their iPhone 6S or older and how they don't feel the need to upgrade. I'm so glad I upgraded from my 6S to the Xs last year. Obviously no reason to buy a new phone 1 year later for me, but I'm still excited to see what the keynote has in store.

Fingers crossed for unreleased features for the Series 5!

xtwentyseven

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Dallas, TX
See I’m the opposite, it doesn’t take me much at all lol. (I think) I’ve had every model since the 3GS. But this is getting increasingly difficult to justify. The 11 is looking to be entirely too close to not only the XS but also the X for me to consider upgrading this year, and the one “major” rumoured feature is the biggest eye sore in iPhone history.

Almost feel as though it may be worth scrapping the S models for the sake of a yearly release, and just put everything into a new model every two years. These incremental updates are getting smaller and smaller.
I disagree. It's not exciting for those who want something new every year, but I've still got an iPhone 6, which will not be supported on iOS 13, so I need to upgrade now. If they skipped the S updates, those who hold out until they need a new phone might get stuck paying full price for a year+ old phone instead of having an option for a cheaper price on the non-S model or the better processor (even if mostly similar in features) in the newer version.
This is not an S year, but if it was, I'd be stuck paying $750 or $1,000 for old tech or settling for an 8. (I'd be happy to buy a discounted X if they still sold them)

Reactions: GalileoSeven

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
These phones are going to be a bust. I guess maybe they can depend on the masses you don't read rumor sites and don't know about the vastly improved phones coming in 2020.
[doublepost=1567178256][/doublepost]
I’m still using a perfectly good launch day iPhone X. It will take a lot to get me to upgrade.
Same here. I love my X. Xs offered nothing that tempted me to upgrade. I think my next one will be the 2020 phone.