Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 11 Pro Outlasts iPhone 12 and 12 Pro in Extensive Battery Life Test

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Heavy a lot words for ... just the failure of Apple e.g.you are a tourist in a strange city with a lot of videos and photos and in connection to others by mobile data, using map – then you love to take a battery pack with you in addition to other holiday equipment? Proposal:we could get even thinner iPhones o_O – I wish you much fun at holiday!
Yes. I plan ahead but having enough capacity for a few days without using a charging brick. In addition to whatever else I carry an anker 20000 mah battery pack, cables and car charger in my back pack.

Comment

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I have found the iPhone 12 Pro battery to be just as bad as iPhone X.

Even if I go by the OP's post, the 12 Pro should be a significant jump over the X, all else equal, assuming both are new. Do a clean DFU restore and start without a backup restore. If that doesn't work, visit Apple.

Comment

Cloudtrekker

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Couldn't see any thread on battery life (apologise if there is) - but the battery life is very poor on my 12 Pro Max (I got less than 8 hours charge - it even discharged 12% when I plugged in a non-Apple charging cable.
I'm now connected to the 20W apple brick and using the supplied usb-c cable and charge has jumped up to 70%.

Comment

Cloudtrekker

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Couldn't see any thread on battery life (apologise if there is) - but the battery life is very poor on my 12 Pro Max (I got less than 8 hours charge - it even discharged 12% when I plugged in a non-Apple charging cable.
I'm now connected to the 20W apple brick and using the supplied usb-c cable and charge has jumped up to 70%.
Update - I did some research and discovered that the primary battery drain was the Norton Security & VPN App (88%) so I turned off Background App refresh on this and several other apps - and battery life has definitely improved.

Reactions: DotCom2
Comment

neilw

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2003
New Jersey
Is there a % you don’t let your phone fall below?
Not really. More than 9 out of 10 days I only charge when I go to sleep, and it's usually above 30%. Occasionally it has gone below 20%.

If it goes below, say 30% and it's early in the day, then I would recharge, but that has happened only a handful of times in the year I've had it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.