Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Orders Already Selling Out With Delivery Times Pushing Into November

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Hey, thanks so much for your feedback. This Anker 20W (I believe) charger just dropped from $19.99 to $16.99 overnight so I pulled the trigger on it. I like the compact square design vs the official Apple 20W slightly bigger adapter.

Nice! Report back after you get it. I like the compact size of this one.

Reactions: Bea220
Comment

PsykX

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
I can admit that I’m a sucker for the high-end stuff even when it’s not really worth it.
Same here! This is why I was hesitant.

No matter what happens, iPhone 12 and 12 Pro will be great : Perfect display (although lacking 120 Hz), Perfect performance, Perfect camera, Perfect design (although lacking a notch-less design), Perfect biometrics, Perfect durability... I'd give it a review of 9.5 / 10 at least.

Comment

compwiz1202

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2010
Hey, thanks so much for your feedback. This Anker 20W (I believe) charger just dropped from $19.99 to $16.99 overnight so I pulled the trigger on it. I like the compact square design vs the official Apple 20W slightly bigger adapter. I think an iPhone 12 reviewer was where I heard it was important to "get apple certified chargers". I mean, I'll get the one in my phone and I bought the MagSafe charger because that thing looks pretty sweet... I just needed the adapter since Apple decided that one year was sufficient for everyone to suddenly have a USB-C adapter (waaah wah - lol :p). Apple is slick. hehe.
I laughed when I got the email from Anker about the new charging brick, and they were even dissing Apple not having it in the box

Comment

compwiz1202

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2010
LOL yeah always same every year. I have to wait to Join that band wagon until the pre order for the Pro Max ;-)
I like the "My neighbor/friend/spouse... ordered after me but got a better shipping window." The issue is the phones have to be exact down to even country and carrier for the complaint to be valid.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal

Definitely will do. :)

I laughed when I got the email from Anker about the new charging brick, and they were even dissing Apple not having it in the box

That's funny but so damn true!

I like the "My neighbor/friend/spouse... ordered after me but got a better shipping window." The issue is the phones have to be exact down to even country and carrier for the complaint to be valid.

You make a good point. It did make me wonder how within a 15 minute window it got pushed so far out. I wish I had realized we could have selected an in-store pick up. It hurts that I missed that! I don't mind going to the store though I imagine that with the pandemic the wait would be nuts.

My MagSafe case shipped with an ETA of 10/21. It came from Ontario, CA and now the tracking says it will be here today. I am praying to the high heavens that I have this kind of luck with the phone especially since I spent the $8 on Express Delivery. If it could arrive just a day or two early I can be home and take it with me on our trip. Otherwise I just spent extra to stress myself out. LOL. For now I keep hoping the little status bar moves over to "preparing to ship".

Last edited:
Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA

It's also ironic in that Anker's charger sales are probably seeing huge uplift because of Apple's decision. They should be thanking Apple instead of tongue-in-cheek – hopefully, I didn't get that email – making fun of them :)

Comment

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Picking up my iPhone 12 Pro 512GB Pacific Blue

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 9.39.43 PM.png

Comment

faithfulFrank

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2003
Central Florida
My new phone says it has shipped. Apple says I'll have it by this next Friday, UPS says by Tuesday. It showed shipped as of yesterday morning. 36 hours later it says it is still in China. My new iwatch got here faster, but her's hoping by Tuesday!

• Love
Comment

wateroperator1776

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
To those who bought a 12 Pro :

Did you hesitate between the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro?
What pushed you to go for the Pro model?

I was really hesitant myself and finally went for the iPhone 12, thought the Pro lacked 1-2 more features to justify the price. Maybe Pro Motion could have been this feature.
6gm ram on the pro is what got me

Comment

RoarinRow

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
When I first ordered the Pro original estimated delivery was after 11/2. I was happy to receive it on 10/29. Now the blue case it another story. I couldn't wait for the case, which didn't have a solid delivery date so I just grabbed a non-Apple case just for protection until I get the case I really want.

Comment

ravitejay1

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2019
The store near me ran out of stock for iPhone 12 Pro - Any idea when they update the inventory on website? I keep checking everyday at 6 am and it shows not available in 12 nearest stores - I prefer store pick-up only

Comment

tonywalker23

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2003
SC
I ordered one earlier this week. Said it would ship at the end of the month, around the 26th I think. Then I got an email that said it would be here Monday on the 9th. From verizon app.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
So far I really dig it. Charges my phone fast when using the Apple provided cord... when I use it with the MagSafe charger, not so much... but I'm almost positive that is a MS charger thing.

My brother is really snooty and he's like "I always use Apple Certified"... and I'm like :rolleyes:

I love how compact this brick is.

I still wish Apple hadn't screwed everyone over after only offering the USB-C for 1 year and then being "ya'll are on your own!" just because... that's not cool.

Reactions: anson42
Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
I still wish Apple hadn't screwed everyone over after only offering the USB-C for 1 year and then being "ya'll are on your own!" just because... that's not cool.
Thanks for the report! While I do like that the chargers are no longer in the box I feel that it came one year too early for the exact reason you state. Of course you would see that complaint next year, too, if they held off but seeing as the USB-C cable is only one year old, maybe this wasn't quite the right time.

I don't doubt the environmental benefits from such a move in the long term but the timing of it given the added production cost of 5G makes this move too coincidental.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.