Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 12 Pro Reviews: New Design and Camera Improvements More Compelling During Early Days of 5G

Stan.06

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2020
Other than the cameras and 5G radio, what can the iPhone 12 Pro do that my iPhone X can’t? I’m trying to be open minded to an upgrade, but I can’t find a reason to.
Hmm, there are mosly small improvements but:
-Bigger Screen
-More powerful a14 chip
-Lidar (I guess it's part of the camera but it's a sensor)
-Slightly bigger battery = Better Battery life (actually a downgrade from the 11 Pro, but an upgrade over the X)
-Stronger front glass
-More water resistant
-MagSafe
-More Storage
-Better contrast ratio
-Brigther Screen
-Dual sim
-Ultra Wideband chip
I wouldn't upgrade from a X as I do consider these changes to be quite minor, but coming from a 7+, there are quite a lot of improvements for me.

120hz is better for watching video...movies as you get smoother looking picture. It is "refreshing" the image on the screen 120 times per second as opposed to 60 times per second. Downside is that it uses more power...shorter battery life between charges unless you increase the battery size (capacity)...bigger device.
But youtube videos are capped at 60 fps. You can't get 120 on YT, so between those 2 screens. There will be very very little differences for most media consumption. 120 fps is good at games and scrolling.

Comment

Samut

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
So this guy went from France and then to the USA just to test three phone cameras?

It's not impossible but highly unlikely, whats more unbelievable is how crappy they all look.

These videos are fake. I believe the content has been taken from DXOmarks website and reported them to Youtube.

Unless they are under same company they also violate copyright of the original owner of the content.

Comment

bn-7bc

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2008
Arendal, Norway
Nope, 5G SIMs are different. You need a new SIM.
hmm strange, I just takled to me operator of choice, and they said i could just move the nano sim from my iphone 6 (didn't want to swap sim as it would mean reactivating bank 2factor auth etc) and they said np keep the old one and 5g will be available as soon as coverage is in place. Is having to switch sim for a meg gen mobile network a US thin, orIs norway an exception?

Comment

bn-7bc

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2008
Arendal, Norway
Not at all
so use the passcode unyil the pandemic is sufficiently dealt with so that we don't have to wear mask anymore, personally I don't see the problem the mask orders will be temporary anyway but I realise the length of the masking might vary from place to place and usage pattern of the phone will wary from person to person

Comment

ph001bi

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2015
London
hmm strange, I just takled to me operator of choice, and they said i could just move the nano sim from my iphone 6 (didn't want to swap sim as it would mean reactivating bank 2factor auth etc) and they said np keep the old one and 5g will be available as soon as coverage is in place. Is having to switch sim for a meg gen mobile network a US thin, orIs norway an exception?
It's possible that your current SIM is 5G compliant, the format was agreed 2 years ago. My operator of choice in the UK has been a bit stingy with new 5G SIM cards and only give them out with new 5G phones.
At least they've apparently added 5G to all their contract types. It wasn't the case until a month or two ago.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.