iPhone 1G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jets1230, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jets1230 macrumors newbie

Feb 7, 2013
    Anybody still using the 1g? Still use mine and its but naked too !
  2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    I love the way it looks, but could never use it as my daily device. EDGE speeds and the overall lag of the device = no bueno. It actually is referred to as the iphone 2g :)
  3. sviato macrumors 68020

Oct 27, 2010
    HR 9038 A
    He meant 1st generation :p
  4. macingman macrumors 68020

Jan 2, 2011
    Yeh, the 1st generation is referred to as "iPhone 2G. 99% of people here know what OP means though.
  5. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2008
    I have one and turn it on every now and then for nostalgic reasons :p but I don't use it due to having my iphone 5. I still think it's one of the best built iPhones though and I loved it when I got it originally just after release :)
  6. pooleman Suspended

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern CT
    It was the best iPhone. I wish all the guts and features of my iPhone 5 could be placed into that original housing.
  7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    Now that would be a cool thing for someone to do. I also love the look and feel of the original iphone.
  8. braddick macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    When I had the iPhone4 I'd sometimes pop the sim and with a sim adapter, use it in my original iPhone for a couple of days.

Now with the iP5 I simply can't. I'd feel hamstrung and so limited in its ability so as to feel anxious and wanting my iP5 back.
  9. piginpolk macrumors newbie

Sep 17, 2013
    i phone 1g clarification

Ok someone sold me a iphone and its 1st generation. i now see it has a issue. it wont work on part of screen i cant even make the phone option come up. im hoping that this is a software issue and i can falsh it back to factory. but im afraid its the digitizer.. in any case i also saw people calling this 2g? is it ? i need the digitizer and to a 1g. unless this is also called the 2g.. help. i only see one for sale for 1g and its99 dollars lool. not giong to pay for that. any help in parts. need help.
    can a digitizer with dead spots be fixed.?:(:(:confused::(:(