iPhone 1G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jets1230, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jets1230 macrumors newbie

Anybody still using the 1g? Still use mine and its but naked too !

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I love the way it looks, but could never use it as my daily device. EDGE speeds and the overall lag of the device = no bueno. It actually is referred to as the iphone 2g :)

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

He meant 1st generation :p

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yeh, the 1st generation is referred to as "iPhone 2G. 99% of people here know what OP means though.

5. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I have one and turn it on every now and then for nostalgic reasons :p but I don't use it due to having my iphone 5. I still think it's one of the best built iPhones though and I loved it when I got it originally just after release :)

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

It was the best iPhone. I wish all the guts and features of my iPhone 5 could be placed into that original housing.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Now that would be a cool thing for someone to do. I also love the look and feel of the original iphone.

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

When I had the iPhone4 I'd sometimes pop the sim and with a sim adapter, use it in my original iPhone for a couple of days.

Now with the iP5 I simply can't. I'd feel hamstrung and so limited in its ability so as to feel anxious and wanting my iP5 back.

9. piginpolk macrumors newbie

i phone 1g clarification

Ok someone sold me a iphone and its 1st generation. i now see it has a issue. it wont work on part of screen i cant even make the phone option come up. im hoping that this is a software issue and i can falsh it back to factory. but im afraid its the digitizer.. in any case i also saw people calling this 2g? is it ? i need the digitizer and to a 1g. unless this is also called the 2g.. help. i only see one for sale for 1g and its99 dollars lool. not giong to pay for that. any help in parts. need help.
    can a digitizer with dead spots be fixed.?:(:(:confused::(:(