iPhone 2 will be plastic? I'm thinking of holding on to iPhone 1 now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joejoejoe, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

A lot of rumors have been going around saying that the new iPhone will be all plastic on the bag--no longer aluminum with the antenna bit being black plastic.

This makes no sense to me... Apple has been switching all their products to aluminum. Look at the iMac and the iPods, even the nano and shuffle, and rumors say the next macbooks will be aluminum too.

So why is the iPhone going all plastic?

The reason I'm bringing this up now before the release of the phone is because I was considering selling my phone this week so that I could justify buying the new one... but if its going to be plastic I'm considering holding onto my phone. Better materials, better feel, better look.

I really don't understand why Apple would go plastic with the next one, and all sources, rumors and pictures point to it heading in that direction.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

a few things i wouldn't mind about a plastic back cover:

• lighter than metal. right now, the phone is a bit heavy in my pocket, and i miss the never-know-it's-there feeling that i had with the razr and slvr.
    • i never liked the two-tone silver and black back. i'd much prefer one solid color, even if it's plastic.
    • a full plastic back might give better reception than the current iphone.

3. kleo macrumors regular

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

rumored to be. we really don't know what it's going to be.

5. g8bo macrumors member

g8bo

please don't let it be plastic! just something for the weaks;)

heavy? :rolleyes: pff... it's a lightweight, not compared to a plastic phone but compared to a Swiss Army Knife (c) for example! :D

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

So why the new thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.