iPhone 2G fell in toilet, stuck in recovery, hangs on load bar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kikisstar, Aug 15, 2010.

1. kikisstar macrumors newbie

This morning I dropped my iPhone 2G in the toilet. I fished it out, and stuck it in a bowl of rice to dry. When it dried it was giving me the plug in to iTunes logo. I did, and iTunes said, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." I clicked restore, and iTunes extracted the software, prepared the iPhone, and the apple logo came up. The little load circle at the bottom loaded, and then went away and the load bar appeared under the white Apple logo. This stays there for a minute, and iTunes keeps saying waiting for iPhone, and then I get The iPhone could not be restored, Error 6. I've tried restarting, using another computer, etc. I can't shut the phone off, and it's already in recovery mode. I check McAfee to make sure it wasn't interfering with ports and made sure iTunes had full access to the internet. I'm at a loss.

2. kikisstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that all already. I guess a trip to Apple it is.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I wouldn't do that if I were you. The iPhone has a water sensor that will change color when in contact with water. Even if your phone is 100% dry, they will know it's been water damaged and will void your warranty.

4. celticpride678

Apple won't do you much good because the iPhone has water sensors that have probably been activated.

5. kikisstar thread starter macrumors newbie

What warranty? The thing is two and a half years old. All I want to do is see if we can restore it long enough for them to get more iPhone 4.0's in stock. I have no problem buying a new one, but they didn't have any when I went this morning.

6. Maximized macrumors newbie

My iPhone fell in the toilet!

Looks like you... ;)

...were talking ****. :cool:

YEEAAAAHHH