iPhone 2G screen white, faded, and won't restore(to any FW)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mexbearpig, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Problem #1-Screen
    Ok so I got a iPhone 2g yesterday. The screen is shattered and it is fuzzy. I've included pics of someone else who has the same problem. Someone in another forum said it was the LCD decoder. Can anyone confirm this?

[​IMG]
    Problem#2-White screen
    So I was in the middle of restoring it and it got accidently unplugged(During contacting activation severs or some mumbo jumbo). The screen went white. I can reset it but it doesn't do any good. It just goes to the apple startup logo but the bottom half of the screen is black. And it all immediately fades into complete whiteness. :confused:
    [​IMG]

Problem#3-No restore
    So in its current state, I really can't do much. I've tried DFU and recovery mode but I can't tell if I'm successful because the screen goes into the thing in problem 2. Although iTunes says it has found an iPhone in recovery mode. I've tried to restore but I get errors every time (2001,23, or 1600). I've tried official firmware, ones off the internet, and a custom one from pwnage tool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone help with any of these?

2. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

No one? Really want this fixed soon. :(
    Do you think it matters that I'm on a Mac? I was trying on a PC but it was going to slow....

3. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Well, I have a genius bar reservation tonight(6:15). Hopefully I will get it fixed or get a quote on how much it will cost. But does it matter that I don't have an AT&T account. I got it off CL and she included the SIM in the sale. But I'm guessing it is useless because she upgraded leaving this one void. But what do you guys think?

Edit: well no luck for me :(. The "Genius" connected my iPhone to iTunes and got the same error. It was mentioned that it is a hardware problem online which is what he said. He really didn't do anything special that I couldn't have done. Then he said it was $200 for a replacement. So it looks like I am SOL for now. Next purchase, new logic board :(