Iphone 3g 3.1.2 unlocked and I want to upgrade -- Does GPS Not Work ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Xplic1T, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Xplic1T macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've tried searching the forum and wanted to ask myself before I bit the bullet and upgraded. As stated in the topic, I have a 3g on 3.1.2, unlocked to work on T-mobile. My baseband is 5.11.07.

I have heard mixed reviews about updating your 3g to 4.x so I held off but I am working on a project for my Information Systems class that makes use of the Iphone GPS ... needless to say, I have found that the Iphone 4 gives me more accurate results than the 3g. I am hoping that i can get better gps accuracy on my 3g by updating to 4.x but after looking at some tutorials, there is a chance that my gps can be disabled if I update to 4.2.1.

Can anybody offer a solution or maybe a few links that can help me out with my dilemma. I read about making custom IPSW files but am not sure how to do it exactly.

Is there anybody on a 3g now that is on 4.2.1 that has there gps working ?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

GPS not working on 4.2.1 is a known error and it's currently being worked on by the iPhone Dev-Team.

3. Xplic1T thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that, what firmware should I update to that doesn't have this issue ?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you have the shsh files saved for 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2 you can update/jailbreak/unlock.

5. Xplic1T thread starter macrumors newbie

i heard that 4.0x firmware is dead slow on a 3g.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It is if you have everything enabled like the multitasking, wallpaper, etc.