iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/Android/WinPho/BB/Symbian upgraders to iPhone 5 - what's it like?

I upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a(n)...

• Total voters

SwisströM

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
I had an iPhone 4 for 2 years and I was crazy happy with it.

I changed it mainly to get better battery life and a quicker interface.
I'm happy with the performance and the look of the device, but I'm deeply disappointed in the battery life. Till now it's worse than my 2-years-old iphone4, with the same settings.
I miss the jailbreak advantages too, but I knew what I was doing when I upgraded to the iPhone 5.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009

I'm happy with the performance and the look of the device, but I'm deeply disappointed in the battery life. Till now it's worse than my 2-years-old iphone4, with the same settings.
I miss the jailbreak advantages too, but I knew what I was doing when I upgraded to the iPhone 5.
Did you go with "Set up as a new iPhone" or did you use a(n) (iCloud) back-up?

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

Similar feelings to the above.

EXCEPT for the fact my battery life is easily double that of my iPhone 4.

I couldn't be happier.

SwisströM

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Too bad to hear. Have you looked under: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System

There are usually some huge power drainers right there. ;)
Already done... if it doesn't improve it's going back tomorrow

Similar feelings to the above.

EXCEPT for the fact my battery life is easily double that of my iPhone 4.

I couldn't be happier.

You want me to cry dude?

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
i'm coming from the ip4, so there are a number of rather noticeable improvements. it is much faster, finally get Siri, a welcome update to 64GB, and the better* camera.

however, my ip4 was solid and in great shape with no noticeable loss in battery life. i really hope i can say the same for the new ip5 in two years.

* better when the flash is syncing properly. mine is flaky. a reboot fixes it, but the problem comes back. i'm waiting to see if it is fixed with the next iOS update, and if not, it is a hardware problem and i'll have to exchange it.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Preordered my iP5 and upgraded from my 2007 original iPhone. What can I say about the iP5? It's phenomena, as compared to the iP2g, needless to say. It's a totally new user experience. Coupled with the clarity of the display and the newly found speed, I am more than pleased with my new iPhone. Thank you, Apple.

ETA: If I remember correctly, the original iPhone cost some $699.00 before taxes during the initial launch back in July of 2007. My new subsidized black 64gb iP5 cost about half of the iP2g after taxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.