Iphone 3G battery and motherboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoldenEye19, Jun 22, 2012.

  1. GoldenEye19 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2011
    #1
    Yesterday, my phone got wet from salt water at the beach, obviously when I tried to turn it on, it didn't work. As soon as I got home, my friend took it apart, dried it for me, and cleaned it with 91% alcohol to remove the corrosion or tried his best. He took out the battery and told me that the corrosion had chipped of one of the four golden chips on the battery and I saw it did. He plugged in the iphone with the cable and the screen with the apple logo came on. My question is, does that mean the motherboard is good and all i need is to buy a replacement battery?
     
  2. Julien macrumors G3

    Julien

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta
    #2
    This is the problem. You likely fried it when you cut it on. NEVER turn on a wet electronic device. Just seeing the Apple logo means almost nothing about the condition of the circuits. This is a lot like using a hair dryer in the shower. Would you do that?
     

Share This Page