Iphone 3g drops EVERY call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicdude, Sep 30, 2012.

1. nicdude macrumors newbie

I can make or receive a call and everything is fine for about 10-20 seconds, then the call is dropped. This happens everywhere. What do I need to do to fix it? Thank you!

2. dannyhex macrumors regular

I would suggest upgrading your phone if possible, although you have not indicated if this is an option, if you are still using a 3G I'm sure your eligible for an upgrade.

3. nicdude thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I bought it used about a week ago. I read that this was a pretty common problem, but haven't been able to find a solution.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I apologize for how calloused this sounds, beforehand, but you're saying that it's surprising to you that a used, 4.5-year-old phone that you purchased is having issues?

Hmmm....

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Is the software up to date? Is it jailbroken? Check these things first.

6. nicdude thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not surprised, I'm saying I see a common issue my phone is having and would like to see if it can be fixed. Should I not expect a product that costs several hundred dollars to last very long? Hmmmm :D

Working on restoring it and updating software now. It is jailbroken to use Tmobile.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I understand your point and would be upset if something I paid for didn't work, as well.

However, no matter if it's several hundred dollars, 4.5 is AGES for many tech devices that are used daily and are software-based these days, especially for a mobile phone.