Iphone 3g drops EVERY call

nicdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I can make or receive a call and everything is fine for about 10-20 seconds, then the call is dropped. This happens everywhere. What do I need to do to fix it? Thank you!

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
I would suggest upgrading your phone if possible, although you have not indicated if this is an option, if you are still using a 3G I'm sure your eligible for an upgrade.

nicdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
No, I bought it used about a week ago. I read that this was a pretty common problem, but haven't been able to find a solution.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I apologize for how calloused this sounds, beforehand, but you're saying that it's surprising to you that a used, 4.5-year-old phone that you purchased is having issues?

Hmmm....

nicdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I'm not surprised, I'm saying I see a common issue my phone is having and would like to see if it can be fixed. Should I not expect a product that costs several hundred dollars to last very long? Hmmmm :D

Working on restoring it and updating software now. It is jailbroken to use Tmobile.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm not surprised, I'm saying I see a common issue my phone is having and would like to see if it can be fixed. Should I not expect a product that costs several hundred dollars to last very long? Hmmmm :D

Working on restoring it and updating software now. It is jailbroken to use Tmobile.
I understand your point and would be upset if something I paid for didn't work, as well.

However, no matter if it's several hundred dollars, 4.5 is AGES for many tech devices that are used daily and are software-based these days, especially for a mobile phone.