iPhone 3G for €5 in Ireland!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derryquinn, Apr 16, 2009.

1. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

2. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

It seems to be win-win for all involved.

Stock clearance = likely. But it's still a pretty awesome deal to be honest.
    My only gripe about it is the closing date, if it was another 2/3 weeks I'd probaly be able to do it but I don't think I'd manage with that date :(

3. Legolai macrumors member

Looks like a win-win and if you had 10 sim cards from different networks you could essentially get an iPhone for €205... which to me is cheap as hell...

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Yeah you're getting them 10 new customers. That is 10 new contracts. Of course. They should give you the iPhone for free. Heck maybe two iPhones.

If you can actually get 10 new people to sign up for a new contract per person then more power to you. It really isn't that great of a deal if you think about what you actually are doing. They are pretty much giving you an iPhone (which you still have to spend money on) for getting them 10 new contracts.

Not anything worth celebrating.

P.S. what does "top up" mean? Sounds like they have to sign up for a higher contract as well.

EDIT: I now know that top up means add to your SIM card, therefore it seems this may be a little better deal then once thought.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

They're not signing up for a contract. They're joining on pay as you go deals, a top up is putting 20 euros of credit onto the payg sim.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

OH!!!! So then that makes a little more sense. Maybe I should of asked what a top up was to begin with.

I guess it is like "topping off" your gas tank here in the States.

7. koollectablz macrumors 6502

This sounds pretty good.

Reading the T&Cs the applicant just uses an existing O2 PAYG account.

I'd assume its an 8gb?

Once you have the sims topped up by 20 euro then you could probably knock them out on eBay and get at least 1/2 your money back as well.

Shame its Ireland only - otherwise I'd do this right now!

8. skoops macrumors regular

you get the iphone for 1€ over here in Austria - but you still have to swallow the 24-month contract for 35€/month