iPhone 3G frozen for a long time after reset of all content and settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yourdream, Jun 29, 2009.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

Anyone know whats going on? I've hit the remove all content and settings button like 4 hours ago. And it is still frozen with the spinning wheel and the apple logo.

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Wow. How comical is this thread?

You are supposed to restore after choosing that option. That option erases EVERYTHING! Including the OS. I believe the operating system is considered "content."
    Plug it up and restore. This has been covered before. Search around, please.

3. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, but iTunes doesn't detect the phone now. How am I supposed to restore it if it doesn't detect the phone? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Hold down the home button and sleep/wake button until the phone shuts off. Unplug the phone if it's plugged up.
    Now, hold down the home button as you plug it into the computer, and keep holding the home button until you see a USB cord and the iTunes logo on the iPhone screen. Then restore.

5. scootaru macrumors 6502

This happened to me yesterday. I had to put the phone in DFU mode while connected to the computer so iTunes would recognize it. Then iTunes made me restore.