iPhone 3G Home Button works 1/4 of the time.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by marddin, Feb 12, 2010.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

For the past month or so whenever I try to unlock my phone by clicking the home button I have to push it about 3 times before it actually shows the unlock slider screen. Also once the iPhone is unlocked and I double tap home to get to my favorites it works about 1/4 of the time. Seems like my home button is slowly but surely going out.

ANybody else have this problem?

Also what should I do?
    Im apprehensive to schedule an apple appt because sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The only way to fix this is to get it repaired. It doesn't matter if they can't replicate the problem in store, it'll still be fixed/replaced. :)

3. amjaliks macrumors newbie

It is definitely technical issue. Go to your store and ask for replacement.

4. CupertinoiPhone macrumors member

Home Button Flex Cable

The Home Button Flex Cable is bad. It is a tough repair to do without breaking the glass. Go to Apple, otherwise seek professional repair.

-Ganesh

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Did you know, they can replace just the front? Apple screen replacement is free while under warranty, and $199, if not. They replace the entire front assembly. This includes new glass, screen, frame, home button, sensors, and ear piece.

6. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I am thinking about scheduling an appointment but the only thing I'm worried about is telling them "My home button on my iPhone is very unresponsive" and i try to show them and works just fine. They'd probably tell me "umm sir you have no problem.

On a side note. If i FIRMLY press down the home button it always works. But normal everyday taps on the home button never seem to work.