Hi. Wife had accidentally put her i-phone in the washing machine and has since got another one. Had tried to turn it on then (not very smart of me) and it did not work. Tried charging it and it showed the red battery with the ?lightning logo showing it was charging. Did not charge however. Months later, thought I'd try to charge it and see. Same thing happened. Then used a "c-squid"on amazon, which was supposed work better. Actually got my phone charged up a little more and was able to get my wife's old phone nos and it works for about 15 minutes, but am not able to charge it up fully. Put in my SIM from my current phone and CAN make calls with this phone. Battery indicator however always stays red, even if it is charged overnight. Changed the battery, but the same thing happens, so I do not think it was a problem with the battery. Is it a problem with the motherboard? Is it repairable? Also read that changing the "Dock Connector Port Assembly" may help. Any input will be appreciated.