Iphone 3g Jailbroken Wont even boot help :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Usmarksman91, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Usmarksman91 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, im in the USAF and soon getting deployed, i got this iphone 3g (he said its an 3gs but im not sure) from my friend today and it was jailbroken, which i dont even know what that means, but i plugged it into my computer, updated it.. and now its not even working at all. My other friend who was the person who jailbroke it came over, after several hours finally got it to work using snowbreeze redsnow and green poison. He got it to work, 5 minutes later it shut off, and i cant even get it to show the apple symbal now. Itunes Says its in recovery mode, no matter how long i hold the power/hold button (trust me i tried it 100 times) it wont do any DFu mode or anything, its just a black screen. I really want to just figure out how to do this, anyone whos a d@** genius with these things, please help me out, i need an ipod when i get deployed!!! It doesn't have a sim card in it, which my friend said i can still use it as an ipod. Someone please just if your awake and have time try and walk me through this, i will be up all night trying to fix this :(

2. Usmarksman91 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

What I would try, it to just plug it into iTunes and try to do a total restore. You'll lose the jailbreak, but I don't think you'll be missing too much. Unfortunately that's about as much advice as I have for now :(