iphone 3g new never unlocked 2.1 and 2.0.1 firmware, how can jailbreak it.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by asiflimbada, Oct 12, 2008.

1. asiflimbada macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought 2 completely new iphones in Dubai, one came with 2.0.1 another with 2.1 firmware, now it also had turbosim something which made the phone make and take calls.

I already own a jailbroken iphone 1st gen updated to 2.1 by quickpwn.

now what i wanted was to jailbreak my completely new phones, and sync it with itunes 8.0.1.11.

As i was using quickpwn 2.1 on both of them, no unlock option came up (it did on my 1st gen iphone). I still went through with the installation , on reboot saw pwnapple flashing etc, and cyndia and installer were installed.

And when i open itunes it says that the sim is not compatible, and there is no reception (the turbo sim thing was not installed alongwith the sim).

after instaling turbosim, i can still make calls (i mean i didnt buy this to just make calls).

What can i do, if possible please redirect me to a thread which have a solution to the problem (i tried googling but couldnt find a proper guide for comepletly new iphon3 3g guide), as i really need to unlock and sync the iphone 3g with itunes (huge investment of USD 800.00 per piece to get them)

Please help!

2. asiflimbada thread starter macrumors newbie

there you have it, iphone 3g jailbroken and syncable with latest itunes

Hi, guys found a way to sync a jailbroken 3g iphone with itunes 8,

1. Make sure, the iphone is on the sim (with turbosim) is partially out of it slot.
    2. open itunes
    3. connect iphone 3g (any version) to the pc via usb
    4. Just as you connect in 5 seconds, put the sim back into place, and you will see a (no sim or sim error message)
    5. Tada, iphone screen, sync away...

Probably have to do this everytime, i know its impractical and all, but a good way around (I even updated my iphone 2.0.2 to 2.1 through itunes, with the turbo sim in it). I didnt see this work around any where on net (maybe missed it)...therefore, there you have it, iphone 3g jailbroken and syncable with latest itunes.

I hope this might help for those hackers...to find it easier for us to sync itunes 8 with the iphone.