Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IHADMWH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
My Iphone was out of batterys for a couple days when I went camping. And now when I plug in in via wall adapter or via computer the lightning bolt with the red battery shows up but it stays on that screen forever! What do I do?
(My dads Iphone can and will charge with the same cord)

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
I just had a strangely similar situation the other weekend. My Dad uses my old iPhone 3G and it would give the charged icon while having the battery color red.

In my case, this was just a UI issue that was resolved when I turned the phone off/on. The battery was actually charged, but the UI wasn't updating the icon to show how much.

So I guess my advice is try turning it off then on.

hope that saves you a trip to the apple store.

Autopilot638

macrumors 6502
I was having the same issue with my 3G.

It went dead while I was waiting in line for the 4 yesterday (5 hours of boring!), and since then I've had it plugged in with the little icon showing the lightning bolt and the big battery in the red forever... Tried the wall charger, synche with computer, nothing.

Just shut it off and rebooted and now my battery is showing full green. Thanks! Thought I was losing it...

Mazydog

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2010
Thank You

I was having a meltdown over my iPhone not charging (same problem, red bar showing even though it's been "charging" all day on the icon) - can't afford a 4 - panic!! This message board saved me from going off the balcony. ... or just going to buy a 4 I couldn't afford. Thank you!!!:)

iPowne

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2010
same problem here. My 2 year old 3g stays at the stupid screen with the red battery and the bolt thingy. Im pissed I just got this phone 3 days ago, I reset it several times it still doesnt work, im thinking its my cable which is pretty beat up from the looks of it;it comes out loosely from the phone and the little thingies on the sides are also loose and fall inside. It better be the cord!!
What do you guys think? Could it be a hardware issue? I really hope not!!

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
it could be your cable, your wall block, the usb hub on the computer you may be using, battery, or dock connector (charging port).

thephife

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
I was having the same issue with my 3G.

It went dead while I was waiting in line for the 4 yesterday (5 hours of boring!), and since then I've had it plugged in with the little icon showing the lightning bolt and the big battery in the red forever... Tried the wall charger, synche with computer, nothing.

Just shut it off and rebooted and now my battery is showing full green. Thanks! Thought I was losing it...

Indeeeeed, I jsut replaced my battery on a 3gs, that i traded with my brother inlaw and it had been charging all night, and nothing....like it wasnt recognizing that it was charging.....turned off and turned it back on....boom. fixed. Thanks soo much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.