IPhone 3G--photos suddenly out of focus.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ejosepha, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ejosepha macrumors 6502

Since updating to IOS4 on my Iphone 3G I have noticed that all of my stored photos are now out of focus. Is there a fix or a way to reset the focus? This is very disturbing. I really don't remember this happening immediately after updating to the IOS4 but I wasn't really looking at my stored photos, which number about 1000. They are all out of focus.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. bdenge macrumors member

That happened with my 3GS. I just re-sync'd the phone with iTunes and it re-optimized all the photos. They look fine now.

3. ejosepha thread starter macrumors 6502

How do you re-optimize the photos. Is that on the computer or on the Iphone. Do I delete all of the photos on the phone or just do a normal sync. If it's just a normal sync, how and when do you re-optimize the photos.
    thanks for the tips.
    I've read your reply more carefully. In other words, just a re-sync should do the trick.
    I'm on vacation but I have my Macbook Air which has everything on it from my Imac at home. Can I sync with this computer as well?

4. bdenge macrumors member

Yes, just sync again and it should fix the photos automatically. Not sure if the computer you have with you will work unless it's set up identical to the computer you normally sync to. I always use the same computer.