iPhone 3G speaker better than iPhone 4S'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Canubis, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Canubis, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

Canubis macrumors regular

Canubis

Hi,

I recently got my new iPhone 4S (white) and generally I am very happy with it. When playing around with alarm sound and ringtones today, I realized that – though the speakers are a lot louder now when compared to my previous iPhone 3G – when playing music or ringtone the speakers of the iPhone 4S sound a lot "screamier"/distorted/blurrier.

Can others confirm this on their iPhone 4S'? Or is it just my model, does it maybe have a faulty speaker?

Not that I am one of the guys running around with my phone and playing music through crappy phone speakers – I was just wondering if they really had a better (though more quite) speaker in the older model.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I personally felt that the 4S speaker blew all previous iPhones out of the water and was quite shocked by this.

3. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

I definitely think the speaker on the 4S is the best to date, it produces a much fuller sound outputting what seems to be a larger spectrum of frequencies than the older speakers.

4. Canubis thread starter macrumors regular

Canubis

Very interesting – thinks for your opinion!

For the sounds I tried, all sound a lot more "metallic" and somewhat "cut-off at some frequencies" to me, compared to the iPhone 3G.