iPhone 3G stuck at the apple load screen and it will not go into recovery or DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Seathmc2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Seathmc2 macrumors newbie

I hit the power button and the apple will pop up for about 30 seconds, then it disappears. That is all the phone will do. I have unlocked and or jailbroke many iphones or iTouches. I feel like I know how to put them into recovery or DFU mode. but i guess im wrong, cause somthing is wrong here.

I have tried every combo I can think of to get this phone into recovery mode. The computer just will not reconize that it is connected to the computer. The phone will not go past the apple screen. Any suggestions? I have held the home button and the power button and vice versa and just about every other way I have found online. Any help would be much appreciated, I am willing to try anything just to get this phone to load up. Dont care what I lose on the phone, just need it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What happened to the iPhone to get it in this state?

3. Seathmc2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was updating to the latest firmware, it seemed to update correctly. When it re-booted is when it started booting to the apple screen and shutting off.

I just dont understand this one, it just won't reconize on my computer, won't turn on. Crazy I tell you. lol

4. Melzi~T macrumors newbie