iPhone 3g Suddenly cuts out at end of day - Faulty battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fluidedge, Jul 3, 2009.

1. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

Hi

my iphone 3G has been having some problems with it just dying quite suddenly and with no warning. The battery seems fine (70-100% charge) and then it will just completely die and won't respond to any sort of power up (indicating it needs to be charged etc)

The only way to get it back to life is to plug it in and do a full recharge. But i shouldnt have to do a full recharge every day. I don't use the phone to the extent where i need a full charge every day?

Should i take it to an apple store and get it checked out? I'm not really sure what to say to them if i do as it will of course be charged so it's not like they can test it to see if it has problems etc. The phone is still under warranty however so i should try and sort it out if possible.

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

This happens to me A LOT! I think it's because of the jailbreak. I'll set my alarm for like 6:45 in the morning and it will never go off because it's dead! :(

3. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

My 3gs did that. If it happens more than once take it to an apple store genius bar.