iphone 3g upgrade to os 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mrdinh, Sep 9, 2010.

1. mrdinh macrumors regular

little faster but still sucks!...man, time to get the iphone4!...waiting for my contract to end

2. hyteckit Guest

Yeah. I just upgraded from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4 for the same reason.

Man, the speed difference is amazing. Oh, the screen on the iPhone 4 is amazing.

3. Al3x87 macrumors member

Yeah... the Iphone 4 is different from the 3gs by these 2 things: the display and the processor... I think there's no other difference. But with this differences is better then any other phone ever made!!

4. number9 macrumors 6502

There are quite a few other differences.

The iPhone 4 rear camera is now 5 megapixels, has a LED flash, and can record 720P video.

The iPhone 4 now has a front facing camera for Facetime video chat.

The iPhone 4 has Facetime video chat.

The iPhone 4 has a second, noise cancelling microphone.

The iPhone 4 has a new external antennae design that helps signal reception, though with the "bridging the gap" detuning issue some people have.

The iPhone 4 has 512mb of RAM, instead of 256 on the 3GS and even less on the 3G and original iPhone.

5. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

As many have already said and agreed. The iOS 4.x.x was really made for the iPhone 4, and only made compatible with the older phones. We all know compatibility doesn't mean problem free. Which leads many of us to believe that the issues with 4.x.x with older phones, and Apple's hush hush of these issues, is there way of "forcing" everyone to upgrade to the iPhone 4.

I've been an Apple guy for over 2 decades, and this is the first I've ever been disappointed in Apple. I really hope the spike in popularity and revenue hasn't gotten to Job's head, and making him run Apple like Gates did with Microsoft. Let's stick with the customer satisfaction and user friendly devices (as their reputation has grown to be), rather than the all mighty dollar route.

6. Halfempty macrumors newbie

I'll uipgrade when they come out with iphone 4GS

edit update: actually screw that, I'll upgrade when they round off the corners of the iphone 4 which will probably be never.

7. walkerman macrumors newbie

I upgraded my old iPhone 3G to iOS4.1 and the result was scary :(
    All the applications won't run anymore (unless the original ones) and I hassled to reinstall the old OS.

I don't andvice to anybody to switch. If you want an iOS4 buy an iPhone :apple:

:cool:

8. Sarah Hastings macrumors newbie

Sarah Hastings

Absolutely right! I never liked the idea of an upgrade; it had never worked for PCs even. So I am not going for one unless I buy a new iPhone 4…

9. really old SOB macrumors newbie

See, that is exactly why apple does what is does. My 3G is so slow and I am sick of it. It worked fine with the 3.0 software. I am so dissappointed with apple. I refuse to purchase a iphone 4 because of this. I am definitely switching to a blackberry for my next phone. I shouldn't have to upgrade my 3G that is not even 2 years old yet.

10. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

You can always jailbreak it and install iOS3.x.x. It's pretty easy to do (so I hear). The hardest thing would finding an older iOS that you can install. But I'm sure if you searched around or go to iPhone jailbreak forums, they'll be able to help you out. You do run the risk of security issues. But I know plenty of people that have been jailbreaking their iPhones since the 3G with no issues. Good luck.