Iphone 3g will connect to Airport Extreme but not Airport Express?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chicago1122, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Chicago1122 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone..

SO. Over the weekend I upgraded my home network to an Airport Extreme (which is in my den) and added an Airport Express in my living room, which is about 20 feet away, line of site, no obstructions.

I used the utility to configure the network, didn't do anything creative, just setup a WPA password, added the airport express and extended the network. Everything works beautifully! My MacBook Pro shows full signal strength through my entire 1800 SF condo.

The only hang-up is with my iphone 3g!!! I can connect to my network and iTunes but I have to be within three feet of my Airport Extreme, if I walk 10 feet away i loose signal completely. Even in the living room, standing next to my airport express it doesn't pick up the signal and my MBP does.

The only reason why I went and bought all this new wireless equipment was so I could use the free remote app on my iphone to control and play iTunes through the airport express.

ANY suggestions? Voodoo or spells I can cast? This is really frustrating me... I'm close to returned everything and going back to my Linksys router (which my iphone connected to with no problems)

Thanks for looking!
    Justin

2. gsantosoliver macrumors newbie

I have the exactly the same problem! Have you solved it?