Iphone 3gs, 3.1.3 Jailbreak with Spirit with older bootroom what are my options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dextor143, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

I want to unlock it with iOS4 ? what do I do?

2. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

From what I'm gathering, there is no fix for the newer bootrom on 3.1.3 on the 3GS. I heard it will be weeks to months for them to find a fix(Don't know how true that is). Guess we just have to wait.

I definitely want to unlock and jb ios4 so i can use it for t-mobile. When I bought the phone today, I was under the impression it wasn't jb. Sure enough....it was. You know what's even funnier? My wifi went out today and cydia keeps crashing because of no connection. What did I get myself into?

By the way, my model number starts with MC and the 4th and 5th numbers in my serial is 50 lololol so chances are I have the newer bootrom too......

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No available options at the moment.
    Give it some more time.

4. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know, but you're on 3.1.3 JB with spirit.
    No go.
    If you try to restore to custom ipsw created with pwnage it wont go thru.

Read the Dev teams site again:
    iPhone 3GS

Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.

•If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.
    •If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you have your SHSH on file, you can do a DFU restore to 3.1.2 or earlier, jailbreak with redsn0w, and then use PwnageTool to upgrade to 4.0. Otherwise, as others have said, you are out of luck for now.

7. whadzinaname macrumors regular

I am in the same boat. I had to install 3.1.3 on my BIL's 3GS and JB with Spirit since my Mac did not let me install Pwned 3.1.3. He bought his 3GS the day it was released, so I assumed he has the old bootrom. I have the SHSHs for 3.1.3 saved now.

I was getting 1600 and 1603 messages when I tried to use Pwnage with 3.1.3 and I think my mistake was having Pwnage in the Applications folder and the 3.1.3 firmware on the Desktop. I wanna try the procedure again so that I can try to put 4.0 on his 3GS.

Looking at various things, can I not follow these instructions to JB with Pwnage tool on 3.1.3 again since step 8 specifically asks if you have pwned before and if you don't drops the payload on it?

This was I can use Pwnage again to JB 4.0.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, nothing will work now.
    All you can do is wait.

9. skasol macrumors 6502

I did this on my 3GS, but since I have the new bootrom I wasn't able to get 4.0. I downgraded to 3.1.2 since I have SHSH on file and I tried to jb to 4.0 and I think my new bootrom stopped that. so I guess I am waiting.