iphone 3gs and itunes cant agree on how much room is left on hard drive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bruanne, Aug 10, 2011.

1. bruanne macrumors newbie

Hi, I know similar things are posted on here elsewhere but I noticed after adding to a thread that the last post was January so not sure if anyone will ever see it and have an answer. not sure how to post but here goes nothing :) My Iphone 3GS reports a significantly different amount of space available than does Itunes, I did notice that when I check the manage music manually (or something like that) it changes the amount and if I un check it the amount changes back. (according to itunes. my phone constantly says there is much less room) the bar in itunes indicates it is the videos amount that is changing however, I have no videos on my phone. What's up.
    Desperately trying to free up all the space I can for pics and videos I'm planning to take on my vacation with my phone and I have already deleted most of my apps

Thanks.

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Errors in reporting in iTunes has existed in the past. Generally what is necessary is to restore the phone. What has usually occurred is there is some type of corrupt file in place that is leading to this reporting error. If you have all of your data saved to the computer, you may need to restore the phone as new and then re-sync your data. Restoring from a backup could result in the corrupt data being copied back to the phone.