Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
Hi, my friend is upgrading to the white iphone 4 when it comes out. He tells me he sells me his iphone 3GS for CDN$170 and I do not have to follow his contract, so basically I will have a contract free Iphone 3GS. Is it a good deal?

He is with Rogers...

Right now, I do have a bb pearl (CDMA). When I go to the telus store, will they change my current plan to the iphone 3GS? He says I only have to buy a new sim card and it will work number 1....but I have heard they are blocked with rogers...

Thank you

ruk110

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
England
your better off getting a new iphone 4 to be honest, the old 3gs is too slow now, especially with iso4

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
What size is it? A 16GB is cheaper than 170 with a contract.

I understand the contract hesitancy. I'm not familiar with many fees and prices in Canada but here you can easily get back your ETF fee and then some by selling the iPhone if you cancel your contract.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
What size is it? A 16GB is cheaper than 170 with a contract.

I understand the contract hesitancy. I'm not familiar with many fees and prices in Canada but here you can easily get back your ETF fee and then some by selling the iPhone if you cancel your contract.

here it's 3 years....which is daaaaaaaaaamn long :( 3 years @ $60

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
$170 for a 3GS is a good deal, considering I sold mine for $550 and iOS4 is perfectly quick on the 3GS. I would HUP to a iPhone 4 though for the same price...who cares about the contract, you're gonna be using a provider anyways and the contract locks you in at best pricing and plans at the current time and if prices ever go down you can go to a cheaper plan anyways.

nishishei

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2005
your better off getting a new iphone 4 to be honest, the old 3gs is too slow now, especially with iso4

Don't post when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

The 3GS is about the same as the IP4 speed wise, even with iOS4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.