Iphone 3gs disabled!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lojo1098, Aug 21, 2013.

1. lojo1098 macrumors newbie

ok i am using my dads old iphone 3gs so sim card doesnt work. But i havent used it in a year and i would like to use it again.(also because i lost it). But i found it in the back of my dads car. Plugged it in and it says IPhone is diasabled connect to itunes. But during that year period i have updated my windows 7 to windows 8. and deleted everything to start new on my pc. So now when i log into itunes it says can not connect unlock device first. I have tried multiple things. such as entering it into dfu mode. still doesnt work. i even had find my iphone set up on it before i lost it. but i went into another apple device logged onto the account and hit restore for the iphone but nothing happened because it has no service and it wont connect to the wifi router........ and before people start reading title and saying that its stolen. its not... or that story was the best lie ever told. any help would be appreciated... AND i would prefer to stay away from apple stores. :cool:

2. jarron macrumors newbie

Why? That particular wording sounds devious and makes me suspicious of you. Do you also not feel comfortable having say.. the police department helping you with this device?

Try DFU mode again, that's what you need to do to restore this device to factory settings.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

So you found a 3GS and the original owner disabled it and you're trying to find a way to activate it?

Go to an Apple store. They'll be glad to help.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If its disabled, there must be a reason, like stolen or lost.

5. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

you found old iPhone in dad's car

you are unable to activate it

you don't want to visit apple to get it resolved

WOW...!!

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

OP must think we aren't able to connect the dots... :rolleyes:

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

He connected them himself when he said he wants to stay away from Apple stores.

He could have at least said the closest Apple store is 200 miles away. :rolleyes:

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Or that he wasn't able to drive due to not having a license.