iPhone 3GS freezes at the end of calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HelenJ, Apr 22, 2010.

1. HelenJ macrumors newbie

Bought a white iPhone 3GS last June and had no problems like this. However I took it back to the Apple store because it had the infamous hairline cracks on it and it was replaced with a re-jigged one.

Now I've noticed that at the end of calls when I go to press the hang up button the screen goes black and doesn't respond to anything I press. I can't hang up or do anything! :(

It only freezes for about 5-10 seconds and then pressing the home button usually gets it back on again. Sometimes the person is still on the phone because I can't hang up!

It's not the biggest problem in the world but is really annoying. Does anyone know what causes it? Is it a software issue or something to do with the hardware? Also could it be because it's re-manufactured or have people had this problem with new ones?

Thanks for any help

Edit: forgot to say it doesn't happen with every call but happens at least once a day

2. jonathanp21 macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue with my iPhone which I bought 2 weeks ago. If anyone has any solutions, I would love to hear.

Cheers

3. HelenJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Not found any solutions as yet and the phone is getting worse every day.

I've tried restoring everything through i tunes and deleting some photos to free up some memory but no better.

yesterday it froze during playing a video on you tube and didn't respond to anything for about 5 minutes! :mad: