iPhone 3GS frequently crashes and reboots on iOS 5.1

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Kevin95, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Kevin95 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to iOS 5.1 a few months ago and I didn't have any problems with it until last month. Now, almost every time I use my iPhone for a for a long time, when I open up an app, it crashes and when I press on it again, it crashes again until my iPhone resprings or sometimes reboots and it takes 5-10 minutes to start up again. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens frequently as I said in the title. Sometimes, even when I'm not using it, it still resprings/reboots on me. Anyone got a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

2. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

You could try restoring in iTunes, then re-loading from your backup. That would solve the problem if there was a problem when loaded the update.

If that doesn't work, then restore but don't recover from the backup- just start over syncing apps and info. That would solve the problem if there was some user or app data that was corrupt.

If that doesn't work, then it could be that there is a hardware problem, and your updating to 5.1 has nothing to do with the problems.

I have multiple iPhone 3GS's in my family, all on 5.1 or 5.1.1, all with no problems.