Iphone 3Gs no sound and wont play music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applefrik123, Feb 7, 2011.

1. applefrik123 macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    My iphone 3gs 32gb has no sound. This happened after the battery run out and the next time i turned it on there was no sound at all. I can make a call but cant be heard or hear anything.No keyboard clicks, notification sound etc. plus the ipod function wont work when you try to play a song it displays the album artwork as if it is going to start and then it just goes back to the song list. Plus my youtube doesnt work when you play a video it shows "this movie could not be played". My iphone is jailbroken and unlocked with 4.2.1 firmware. I have tried everything reseting, restoring, unplugging headphones several times nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

2. AppleFanBeast macrumors newbie

AppleFanBeast

try restoring it as a new device, if that doesn't work, call tech support (1-800-MY-APPLE) and see if they can set u up for an apple retail appt.

3. LaClaire macrumors newbie

Happened to me last week so i upgraded to an iphone 4. The very next day, my 3GS speakers started working again. Just give it a little time to dry out.

4. applefrik123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally found the solution....switch off the iphone, get a hoover or vaccum cleaner and suck the dock area, speakers, microphone and earphone jack...it will work as as good as new when switched back on. enjoy