iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 want to go to 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ian.C, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ian.C macrumors regular

hi,

please can someone point me in the right direction, my wife has brouh me here 3gs and ask me did i know these iphones can be jailbroken...!!!!

i have been putting this off for a while as im not sure how to do it, and i dont want to break it she love the thing...

here are some details of the iphone 3gs

iphone 3gs 16g
    firmware 3.1.2 (7D11)
    serial no 329471VP3NP
    modem f/w 05.11.07
    model MC131B

i was wondering how i can update it to as high as possible and then jailbreak it?

thanks alot

IanC

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

If it hasn't been jailbroken before the only fw version that will be allowed on to it, is the latest version 4.0.2, which can not be jailbroken at this point in time.

As soon as the next big release is out, 4.1, it is pretty safe to say that a jailbreak will appear within weeks. Then you should update and jailbreak

Ask her why she wants it jailbroken :rolleyes:

3. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

You can jailbreak it on 3.1.2 using Redsn0w or wait a bit until the jailbreak for 4.1 is released.

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

OP definately needs a 1-click solution and I don't think RedSn0w will suit his needs and http://www.blackra1n.com/ on a week 47 3GS it will be a tethered JB - resulting in a very unhappy wifey...

Just wait it out

5. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

4.1 has been out over a week now...

7. Ian.C thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys I have told her it's no available at the moment, she said ok.... Phew

Thank god for that, unless it's a one click solution I want be doing it any time soon

Thanks once again

Ian

8. campatt macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2 want to UPGRADE

Hello,

My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken and still on software 3.1.2

I'd really like to upgrade to the latest software possible. Can someone please walk me through the process? I have cydia and blackrain on my phone. Someone unlocked the phone for me 2 years ago.

Please help!

Thank you