Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaahilFazil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS, running 5.0.1 JB on redsn0w...the phone was working fine all these days (except the fact it was a little slow). I use a MacBook.

Today, after making a call i plugged the phone into my car charger, and then it died. Since i was driving, i figured i'd do a hard reset when i get home.

Now, hard reset isn't working, nor is the phone entering DFU mode to reset it. iTunes, redsn0w, tiny umbrella and iPhone Explorer aren't recognizing the phone; nor is the phone being charged (I do NOT have a wall charger cause i always charge the phone via laptop in the night) (I've tried plugging the phone in a different laptop too)

I'm sure i'm holding the buttons properly and all, cause i've JB a lot of iPhones including 4S. I'm getting really frustrated, cause im like an iPhone expert at home and office, fixing, unlocking a lot of peoples iPhones 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPads, iPods. And now i cant even fix my own phone !!....

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Did you empty the battery when you were on the phone?

Car charger or USB to laptop charger will not charge an iPhone if it's completely out of battery. You will need a wall charger. Try wall charger.

SaahilFazil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Did you empty the battery when you were on the phone?

Car charger or USB to laptop charger will not charge an iPhone if it's completely out of battery. You will need a wall charger. Try wall charger.

i did...read about wall charger being the best kind and left my phone for about 3-4 hours on charge yesterday evening...its in the same condition !!!

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Do you have any local shop that does repair work for iPhone? You need to do a little research for that. No one is sure what hardware is causing this.

Good luck.

SaahilFazil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Do you have any local shop that does repair work for iPhone? You need to do a little research for that. No one is sure what hardware is causing this.

Good luck.

thnx man...i know a few repair shops around...gonna meet them tonight and see whats happening !!...

ashly27

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
even my iphone 3gs was dead after I kept iit for charging ...and thn after trying by my end ..I showed few ph repair center...but they said ic is gon e and wouldn't be wrking anymore ..did your s is wrking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.