iPhone 3GS Trade In Price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotigno, Sep 3, 2012.

1. scotigno macrumors member

I am wondering if anyone has traded in their iPhone 3GS to AT&T. If so I am wondering how much they are offering for it, because once the iPhone 5 comes out I'm getting rid of my 3GS.

2. kannesss macrumors 6502a

Ive seen them going on Craigslist between 50-120$

3. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

Ya I know, but i just wanted to get some easy money while im buying the iPhone 5. Does anyone know how much AT&T is giving for the 3GS for the trade in program.

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

If they're going for $50-$100 on CL, AT&T is probably giving half that as trade in. You are better off selling it outright.

5. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

Well my sister got $75 for trading in her blackberry torch to AT&T. so i was thinking i might be able to get more for the 3GS.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a shot.
    But remember any of those trade in places will give you less of what you can sell it yourself.
    There gotta be some meat left on the bone in order for them to make money on it too when they resell it.

7. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Not trying to hijack the thread but what price I can expect to pay for a used good condition working iPhone 3GS AFTER the next iPhone is launched ?
    I checked eBay but it seems the current rates are too much varying to get a proper figure.