Iphone 3Gs v.3.1.3 Old Bootrom.. Need to restore but cannot update! Please Help Me!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Matine, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Matine macrumors newbie

Hey I have just bought this iPhone 3Gs second hand and it was already Unlocked & Jailbroken I think with Snowfreeze.. I have a massive problem as the previous owner had downloaded loooaads
    on Cydia and rle messed up the phone..

So my problem? This is not even an o2 phone so if I restore and update Not only can I nt jb but also cnt use the phone on o2 like I need to..

I need to find a way to restore without updating as need to be able to unlock again immediately after restore.. Like I said.. Im running 3.1.3.. Pls help me people Im completely screwed here and would appreciate any advice u could give me!

Thnk u.. Matine

2. fazthebro macrumors newbie

Wait for the new sn0wbreeze. Should be any day now. Then follow instructions on how to upgrade to 4.1, it will preserve your baseband and jailbreak it for you so you dont lose the JB/unlock.

3. yac macrumors newbie

I'd extract your SHSH blobs right away with Tiny Umbrella, allowing you to forever use the version of iOS that's on your phone now. Keep copies of the blobs in a safe spot(such as burning them to CD and put them in a safe deposit box).

Also remember that a normal upgrade to 4.1 will overwrite your baseband as well. Look on the net for instructions on how to upgrade while preserving baseband(uses DFU & Tiny Umbrella server). This will allow your current unlock to continue working.

Remember that without SHSH blobs of a specific version you are unable to install that particular version on your hardware(3GS).